Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: ambient track preview - wandering around in solitude - critiques please  (Read 5242 times)
timong
Community member

Hmm, where will this appear?

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2009, 09:21:05 PM »

Hey folks,

so here is my first preview version of a track dedicated to the parpg project.
Using a set of ambient effect drums, cello, some electric guitars, a bit of jawharp, and some heavy reverb effect on some of the channels. Cheesy

Let's have your say please what do you think, is it fitting for the settings drawn out so far in your designing?

http://www.box.net/shared/opo9nb4y97

Cheers,
T.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 09:25:49 AM by timong » Logged

Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
shevegen
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 01:15:53 PM »

Already told him my opinion on IRC, so to not influence anyone else I am not writing what i said Cheesy

But you guys gotta give him feedback!

Cleaning away the bureaucracy in PARPG to make our life easier.
Sirren
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 01:34:49 PM »

Not bad at all. It reminds me about something between Pink Floyd's "Momentary lapse of reason" and maybe the USA hymn played with an electric guitar. I think it should fit in, I like it.
Border
Community member

silicium_Vitae@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 01:57:43 PM »

i make the test. looping it for 6 times and it didnt fell on my nerve at all Cheesy
i can fell le loneliness of the snow wasteland. thats good
timong
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 02:05:07 PM »

Great! Cheesy I'm happy that your experience is converging with mine, and so  I'll continue this track in the direction set so far then. I'll make it somewhat longer adding some new parts while trying to keep the overall feeling.

Folks, don't hesitate to point out any "flaw" or suggestion, coz setting a direction at start means other music will or at least should converge in the same direction so it doesnt break the big music picture. Smiley Other music contributors, show yourself! Cheesy

Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
Dave Matney
Community member

29640090 naveofhearts@hotmail.com naveking matneyx
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 06:55:46 PM »

I dig the feel of it, but it's short.  I'd suggest adding more "nothing" to it (that is, times where nothing seems to be happening), especially on the ends.
timong
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 10:48:47 PM »

I dig the feel of it, but it's short.  I'd suggest adding more "nothing" to it (that is, times where nothing seems to be happening), especially on the ends.

Well, it was a kind of preview, i didn't spend a lot of time to get it done, coz I didn't want to throw out time before knowing how it's received. Well, now I've double its size and added some new parts. The url is the same:

http://www.box.net/shared/opo9nb4y97

I hope you'll like it, folks! Don't hesitate to give more critiques! Cheesy

PS It's got a title now, called Solitude Part 1 Smiley

Dave Matney
Community member

29640090 naveofhearts@hotmail.com naveking matneyx
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 10:54:57 PM »

I guess this officially means I have to get stuff done now, too. :p

It sounds good, still. Smiley
timong
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 11:08:14 PM »

I guess this officially means I have to get stuff done now, too. :p

It sounds good, still. Smiley

I'm really glad that you as another music/sound contributor for the game find it edible, it's really good to know! Smiley

Also I'm all new to this kind of ambient music like this new piece here, up to now I have only written using the symphonic orchestra and some exotic instruments or drumkits. But I like rock music as well, so it's a good thing to have some modern ones as well in the set of instruments.

Probably it was a little bit early to start creating music, but I've already seen another piece of music on the blog and the preview pictures are inspiring as well! Smiley

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: