Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: WIPs and Finished - Stefano AKA Sirren's weapons Dump.  (Read 6548 times)
Sirren
Community member

View Profile Email
« on: July 11, 2009, 08:16:24 PM »

New weapon uploaded. Unfortunately I had troubles finding reference pictures. I found the stuff I needed AFTER I unfolded my model Angry
This weapon must be renderd this side and orientation... Anyway, it's good enough for inventory screens and here it is:

* Nagant_Revolver.png (117.02 KB, 607x347 - viewed 492 times.)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 09:18:21 PM by Gaspard » Logged
shevegen
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 02:02:13 AM »

pretty cool
how long does it take for such a pic?

btw what is this strange ring at the grip area - is that for tying the colt to your hands or sth

Cleaning away the bureaucracy in PARPG to make our life easier.
Sirren
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 01:33:42 PM »

Render time isn't very long.. I think some thirty seconds. The ring is actually a bolt, painted, not modelled. I made a bump map to have it to render as a bulging part but the trick didn't work. Sometimes XSI likes to complicate simple stuff. Or is it me?
Sirren
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 08:51:22 PM »

New weapon uploaded, this time it's a simple worn cook knife. 3 textures, diffuse, bump and reflection. I'm still to understand how this works in XSI, anyway.. Here it is:

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/7230/cookknife.png

Enjoy.
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 09:01:44 PM »

Looks cool to me! I'll add it the gallery and will feature it in the tomorrow's news update :-)
Sirren
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 09:05:58 PM »

Yay! I developed a taste for it. Seriously speacking I'm trying to contribute a piece of something every week if I can. We can make it if we pull together as a team, as an old song went..
Suzi
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 08:43:58 PM »

Hello Sirren, the Knife model looks good, it could use some better base textures.
If you are interested i could try to apply some basic textures on it.(hopefully i find some good textures compatible with the license) Just PM me the file.
Sirren
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 09:45:00 PM »

I actually uploaded my models and textures, you can download them from the repository. I think the diffuse is good enough, it's the specular part which really sucks badly. Anyway, please feel free to edit what you want, I'm constantly learning new stuff but texturing hard surfaces isn't my forte (heck, TEXTURING isn't..). I never tried to download anything but please let me know.
Border
Community member

silicium_Vitae@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2009, 09:54:30 PM »

sirren: your texture are really good, for someone who think he suck Cheesy don't worry about it
personally i would build a list of the weapon on the wiki before going too far since weapon modeling.
Keep us posted!
Sirren
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2009, 10:06:34 PM »

Thank you Border.
Actually I made the knife becouse it was
A) Fast, a 3 hours work and
B) Very generic
I only made weapons which were posted on the forums. I do agree we need a weapons/objects list. The Nagant took more than a week, we're not going anywhere if we waste time on stuff we don't need.. See you.
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2009, 07:06:58 PM »

Good point. Right now our lead mechanics guy Zenbitz is on vacation till mid August. Once he's back we should ask him to compile a list of weapons that would fit the setting so we can avoid putting too much time into modeling weapons that might not end up in the game. I agree about Sirren's comment about the knife though: we'll find a place for it in the game, you can bet on it.
zenbitz
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2009, 11:02:31 PM »

still catching up... but just look at NATO and Warsaw Pact side arms and infantry weapons ca. 1988.
AK47
AK74
M-16
FN-FAL
plus scandanvian versions (Finnish for sure).
Maybe a few pistols from the era.
some  hunting rifles and shot guns (double barrelled and pump-action).  Of course a sawed-off shot gun.

If you look at the stickied topic in Writing there are lots of links.
crossbows
various hand weapons - improvised and "reproduction" ancient weapons as well as modern stuff like machetes and hatchets.

We are not denying them an ending...
We are denying them a DISNEY ending - Icelus
Sirren
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2009, 12:41:01 PM »

I have a couple of frag grenades on the making, a Soviet one and a Western counterpart. I think they'll bee needed  Grin
Suzi
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2009, 12:55:43 PM »

Ah you`re back, very good.
I`ll PM you the knife textures.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: