Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: WIPs (3D) - Small city style ( Kaliningrad)  (Read 22080 times)
Suzi
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2009, 08:37:12 PM »

Border i appreciate the effort you are putting in this project, my only concern is that whole buildings might not be needed. I had this discussion with barra, he told me that all maps will be created with tile/wall pieces. My suggestion was to render huge background images (no tile/wall pieces needed) and directly put them into the game, but unfortunately this game will be based on pieces.

The small center place statu looks really good, now all this thing needs are some textures(*hint*), i could try to apply some, alternatively we render it out without textures and the textures will be "painted" on.

Btw, where have you found this isometric grid? Care to share?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 08:45:55 PM by Suzi » Logged
Border
Community member

silicium_Vitae@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2009, 09:02:36 PM »

Don't worry with the building ATM. Eventually i was meant to be cut in piece for importing into the game but i think i'll change my workflow if we use wall piece and build house from there. Anyway, the project is still young and i think i'll have to switch to Blender eventually.
For the statue. yeah texture where planned but i'm lazy and i was having problem with camera angle, texture came second but they will... in time.
I made the Isometric grid. i can put it on the WIKI if its useful for the concept artist. But it not accurate outside the concept dept.
Suzi
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2009, 09:19:42 PM »

Yes, i was just worried that you do too much work then is actually needed. Building such a thing sure takes a lot of time. From what are you switching to Blender? Hopefully not from MAX. Smiley

@Isometric grid: Ah too bad it isn`t vector based, depending on the resolution it might be useful. Please upload it, if possible.
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2009, 07:00:01 PM »

I had this discussion with barra, he told me that all maps will be created with tile/wall pieces. My suggestion was to render huge background images (no tile/wall pieces needed) and directly put them into the game, but unfortunately this game will be based on pieces.
You could still render bigger objects without slicing them into pieces but it will create a lot of a z-ordering issues. Invisible mapblockers can be used to work around some of the problems, but in the end the only real solution is to splice them up.
Border
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2009, 02:50:31 AM »

I had the ISO Grid On the wiki as an internal tool.
http://wiki.parpg.net/Graphics:Resources
Here the direct link.
http://files.getdropbox.com/u/507889/PhotoWEB/isogRID.png
Its a 300 DPI Letter format so 3300 x 2550 px. I guess the resolution is good enough.
Have fun
Border
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2009, 03:23:24 AM »

Just some sketch i made during my weeks off, right now i'm still in vacation but my wife found plenty of stuff to keep me occupied Wink
Some building but also a old soviet solder or i dunno how they call themselves in PARPG. And some tribesmen. But not tribesmen as display in FO but more villager, you know the kind who got and village's elder and maybe an herborist. Well thats the way i think people will gather 20 years after being bomb. in small community really tied together.
Excuse the crappiness of the scan,

mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2009, 09:27:22 AM »

Nice work Border :-) The blocky Soviet look in the last picture made me smile.
Suzi
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2009, 10:10:53 AM »

I like the "sketchy"-ness of it. Pic 2 seems very Fallout -like.
Border
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2009, 04:08:08 AM »

mvbarra: what so funny about my soviet? the fact that is beret look like an hot-dog? lol
Suzi: fallout like? you mean the junk tribesmen? i take it as a compliment Cheesy
Suzi
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2009, 07:25:19 AM »

yeah that one, maybe because of the headpart.
pic3 the soviet general has a very strange head, but radiation can do wonders.
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2009, 07:35:35 AM »

That was meant to be a compliment from my side :-) I like your style of drawing.
Border
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2009, 03:48:17 PM »

hehe don't worry guys i always take your comment as compliments.
More to come. i'll return to read the writing section of the wiki to try to flesh out the world a bit.
maybe some NPC from the list next?
qubodup
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2009, 06:34:55 PM »

Wow, great drawings! *adds to gallery*
shevegen
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2009, 10:09:57 PM »

the soviet guy looks cool

Border should draw more of those soviet tribe-guys!

Cleaning away the bureaucracy in PARPG to make our life easier.
Border
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2009, 03:54:17 AM »

Shevegen ask, i obey.
Here's your daily those of soviet soldier, on the menu today. Big krumksky aka the heavy weapon guy, here with a flamer.
I really like the idea of having a tribe full of crazy soviet, all wearing gas-mask. It protect yourself from inhaling toxic waste, keep your face from frostbite and you always look mean with that.
Also they all need some artifact of mother Russia. You know the kind of fanatic that keep always a glass vial fun of the "holy land" and use it as a talisman.
"All pray holy mother Russia, keep her next to your heart and you will feel the flame of the brave."
Kamrad Col. Ivanovich pratsniev. Kaliningrad Soviet Enclave
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to: