Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: GALLERY Extended - where all the 3D and 2D art goes (now with screenshots!)  (Read 8191 times)
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« on: July 06, 2009, 02:51:13 PM »

Heya graphics department. I just realized that while we have a gallery for concept art in place, there is no such gallery for the renders of our 3d artists. Therefore I've decided to check out all the threads in the department and upload all kind of art that isn't featured at the wiki yet. In case I forgot to add anything, please let me know in this thread or add it at the wiki yourself :-)

Link:
http://wiki.parpg.net/Gallery
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 10:37:03 PM by Gaspard » Logged
Border
Community member

silicium_Vitae@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 05:51:21 PM »

thats good, I guess that is where all the future images should be put?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 08:30:54 PM by Gaspard » Logged
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 05:55:15 PM »

Yep, indeed Border :-) I don't mind adding them there after they have been posted at the forums. But I would be even happier in case an artists adds them there him- /herself; that saves me some time.
shevegen
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 06:13:09 PM »

Got a question, for the long run... I think a very few images are not completely appropriate for the game itself.

They are still nice to have though....

If you look at http://wiki.parpg.net/Gallery, please scroll to the place of "Reaper", by Shrew81

Now a reaper might be cool but I think with the current storyline and draft for PARPG there is no
place for a reaper. I would like to still keep those images, but perhaps to move them to some
other place... or tag them somehow.

So that visitors can find out that this image - even though it is cool - can not be part of the
official PARPG storyline.

Btw, aside from this, I think we could need a few more SMALL buildings... even really small wood
houses or similar. Or perhaps a little SIMPLE watchtower with a ladder... big buildings are of
course cooler, but it would be awesome if the techdemo could have a few little buildings.
Broken buildings could be cool too, like a wall that has a texture with gun shots cracks or similar,
if you know what i mean...

Cleaning away the bureaucracy in PARPG to make our life easier.
superfluid
Community member

Just another Python Hacker

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 06:52:12 PM »

Yeah, it would be nice to have some flavor graphics/objects to spruce the maps up a bit - like trees, rocks, uh what else is in nature? bears

aka or1andov on IRC
zenbitz
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2009, 07:57:55 PM »

glaciers!
Frozen streams.

Hills.

We are not denying them an ending...
We are denying them a DISNEY ending - Icelus
amo-ej1
Community member

elie@de-brauwer.be
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2009, 08:37:18 AM »

post apocalyptic nature ? well car wrecks and blossom trees (everybody played c&c 1 ?)

and these: http://forums.filefront.com/s-t-l-k-e-r-soc-general-discussion/379832-my-trip-chernobyl-pictures-56k-ultra-death.html  are a great source of inspiration, just add some snow Wink. (and yes, i'm in favor for an abandoned funfair Cheesy )
shevegen
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2009, 08:25:40 PM »

hmm those sowiet statues look cool

I wonder if there is software that can try to model objects from photos into 3D ...

zenbitz
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2009, 09:55:43 PM »

actually the awesome thing about the chernobyl/priapyt tour is that the time frame is roughly correct.  Accident and town abandoned in 1986, now it's all overgrown.  So pretty much the whole world in PARPG looks like that.  Except more wartime destruction (not just atomic bombs - see your typical fought-over town in WWII and multiply destruction by a factor of 4 or so).

We are not denying them an ending...
We are denying them a DISNEY ending - Icelus
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2009, 02:42:43 PM »

I've added all previously uploaded screenshots that I could find (might have missed some) to a new section of the gallery:
http://wiki.parpg.net/Gallery#Screenshots

Feel free to add your own screenshots there! Furthermore we have decided to put new content in front of the old content whenever it's added to gallery. So please prepend new content, don't append it.
Gaspard
Community member

The Blackest Heart

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2009, 10:24:58 PM »

Updated the Gallery, no really new art, but I put up some stuff that had gone un-noticed before:
shevegen
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2009, 02:55:13 AM »

Cool, thanks Gaspard!
I am especially in love with the NPCs

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: