Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: WIPs - Steyr 69 Sub Machine Gun uploaded.  (Read 5680 times)
Sirren
Community member

View Profile Email
« on: July 05, 2009, 08:03:17 PM »

I told I wasn't going to make more weapons... I felt the need to make some more.
I uploaded the Steyr 69 to the SVN repository. The texture is a simple colour map, no bump/specular ones. It renders like this, but with 3 point lighting and full ambient occlusion on. Enjoy.

* Steyr_69.png (89.25 KB, 680x451 - viewed 323 times.)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 09:40:30 PM by Gaspard » Logged
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 09:30:17 PM »

Looks cool to me :-) Good work Sirren.

You mentioned that you uploaded it to SVN. AFAICT you don't have an SVN account right now :-/ Did you mean the assets repository instead of SVN?  http://assets.parpg.net

At the moment I'm unsure if we should continue to use the assets software; there are some quirks that make it somewhat awkward to use, e.g. anonymous users need to log into a test account before the they view the collections.

That said: I think we should try to get ALL created 3d models into SVN as soon as possible. I'll mail the graphics artists about it and hopefully we can move on from there, setting up SVN account for all still active artists as well as having a guide how to use SVN for this purpose.
Sirren
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 10:06:26 PM »

Yep, I'm talking about the assets repository. It's along the other stuff.
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 10:26:43 PM »

Oki, are all of your models listed there now? I could bring them to SVN tomorrow in this case.
Sirren
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 11:07:14 PM »

Yep, or so I think.. Three human characters, a wolf (the deer is missing), and two weapons. I'm working on a nagant revolver right now, for the record.
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 11:21:04 PM »

Can't find your models right now. Could you post a link to them here?
Sirren
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2009, 11:37:40 PM »

I accidentally made a private collection.. I edited it it's public now. It's "Sirren's Stuff", ID 26. Now that I look at it, I uploaded 6 models, I can only see 3.. Pending approval? How do I get a SVN account, by the way? (stupid question, I know)
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 12:11:33 AM »

I can set up one for you tomorrow. Do you happen to have prior experience working with SVN?
Sirren
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 11:08:42 AM »

No, nothing at all. The only other project I worked/I'm working on is Fallout BG&E. E-mails and rapidshare do the trick. It took a while just to understand how to upload stuff to the assets repository.
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2009, 01:32:40 PM »

No problem Sirren, I can explain it to you :-)

Do you have any day of the week when you could be around in IRC. I feel that it would be prolly easier and faster to give you an SVN introduction there than via writing lengthy posts here at the forums. In the long run we should have a guide for this purpose at the wiki though.
Sirren
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2009, 10:36:11 PM »

Uhm, let's try tomorrow. I'm working in the afternoon this week, I should be at home by half past ten.
zenbitz
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2009, 01:10:15 AM »

make some crossbows and black powder guns!  Low Tech!

We are not denying them an ending...
We are denying them a DISNEY ending - Icelus
tZee
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2009, 10:24:57 AM »

black powder guns are not exactly our time Cheesy

mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2009, 11:37:08 AM »

AFAIR the idea is that ammo is scarce, though we might not have that added to the any article at the wiki yet? That's why some low tech weapons offer advantages as they're not relying on hard to find bullets.
tZee
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2009, 11:54:45 AM »

If ammo is scarce then black powder as well, I guess. Or where do you get the ingredients in our environment? And then building such a gun.. I guess it's more likely to have real low tech weapons like crossbows, bows and the likes, than black powder guns..

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: