Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Writing Department--IRC Meeting  (Read 15125 times)
NineOfHearts
Community member

View Profile
« on: June 24, 2009, 09:09:46 PM »

Hi everyone! As you know, the first general meeting for PARPG commenced on  Monday 5-7PM GMT. However, Barra and I talked today about how essential it is for us to have department exclusive meetings in real time so we can discuss our imaginings. Since I know that this talented team is from all over the world, we really should start pitching ideas as to what time and day we can talk to each other on the IRC.

My vote is for Fridays at 10 a.m. Pacific time since that's really the only time that I'm able to sit down for a period of time. Also, it seems that's the same time that most people are conscious on the IRC forums.

Please write in your votes and so we can start having our own meetings and brainstorms. I don't think I've had the chance to speak with all of you and I would like to meet you as soon as I can.

If you have any questions or comments that you need a quick answer to you can usually find me on the IRC.

Looking forward to talking to you all soon,
NineOfHearts
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 09:21:09 PM by NineOfHearts » Logged
zenbitz
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 09:17:23 PM »

I can do Friday at 10... I thought mibbit blocked our IRC server though...

We are not denying them an ending...
We are denying them a DISNEY ending - Icelus
NineOfHearts
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 09:20:32 PM »

Honestly, I haven't used mibbit in awhile due to downloading the YChat. I just tested the mibbit and, yes, it appears to be blocked.
I'll try to edit that out of the first post so people don't get confused.

By the way, are you 10 a.m. Pacific Time?
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 09:37:59 PM »

Check out http://irc.parpg.net @ Zenbitz

Dave reported the mibbit problem and we addressed it. Dammit, don't you read the blog?
Community members who didn’t have an IRC client installed yet could visit the project’s channel via the browser-based mibbit client. Unfortunately our chosen IRC network irc.freenode.net banned mibbit clients lately. No need to worry though: they fortunately offer a new browser-based client that can be accessed via irc.parpg.net now.
zenbitz
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 09:52:28 PM »

By the way, are you 10 a.m. Pacific Time?

Yeah, I work in Palo Alto.

We are not denying them an ending...
We are denying them a DISNEY ending - Icelus
DK
Community member

Personal Pencil Sharpener To Ye Gods

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 10:17:53 PM »

In general that sounds ok for me... this week I don't think so. Just make sure the transcript is posted up so I can read over.
Dave Matney
Community member

29640090 naveofhearts@hotmail.com naveking matneyx
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 10:20:41 PM »

I'll make just about anything work.  Really, we're only 1 hour difference, Nine, so if it works for you, it probably works for me.

Though, that late on a Friday means I'd miss every other week, 'cause i play D&D (no joke).
tZee
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 11:43:51 PM »

I can't Fridays, but just do the meeting with out me. I feel confident that NineOfHearts will introduce the structure I was so worried about. Smiley And currently the design process uses up all my time. I will still try to give constructive critique and comments. Smiley

NineOfHearts
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2009, 05:38:17 AM »

I'll make just about anything work.  Really, we're only 1 hour difference, Nine, so if it works for you, it probably works for me.

Though, that late on a Friday means I'd miss every other week, 'cause i play D&D (no joke).

Oh, what time(s) and day(s) are you available?
NineOfHearts
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2009, 05:39:46 AM »

I can't Fridays, but just do the meeting with out me. I feel confident that NineOfHearts will introduce the structure I was so worried about. Smiley And currently the design process uses up all my time. I will still try to give constructive critique and comments. Smiley

Well, I do enjoy talking with you and I know you probably have an opinion or two about the ideas being presented. If feel like you could take some time out of your design schedule to meet what time(s) or day(s) work for you?
Dave Matney
Community member

29640090 naveofhearts@hotmail.com naveking matneyx
View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2009, 05:42:16 AM »

Oh, what time(s) and day(s) are you available?

I can swing anything Monday - Saturday, 7 AM to 10 PM mountain. So... 1 PM - 4 AM GMT.  Thursday nights aren't great for me, but I can swing it.
tZee
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2009, 08:49:50 AM »

Well, I do enjoy talking with you and I know you probably have an opinion or two about the ideas being presented. If feel like you could take some time out of your design schedule to meet what time(s) or day(s) work for you?

Mo-Thu, starting from 5-7 PM GMT, then the whole evening. (Till 11PM GMT roughly.) On the weekends I don't have internet, currently.
For the scheduling we could use this meeting application that barra used for the IRC meeting: www.doodle.com

Cain
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2009, 02:52:55 PM »

Sounds good to me.  Is this going to be today?
NineOfHearts
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2009, 08:45:22 PM »

In general that sounds ok for me... this week I don't think so. Just make sure the transcript is posted up so I can read over.

There wasn't an official meeting today but you did out on our dragon cocaine story-arc.
:c

On a more serious note, I asked a few people to come up with a general idea of an NPC following this template:
http://wiki.parpg.net/Jacob_Johnson

Since the outline for the main story arc won't be submitted and publicly reviewed before the 28th, I want to stress that I don't want anyone to get too protective over a NPC they create. Some things will have to be cut to fit the story line.

Please submit your idea(s) to me as soon as possible!
NineOfHearts
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2009, 08:46:46 PM »

Sounds good to me.  Is this going to be today?

Dragon Cocaine story arc was today's topic.
Thanks for playing.
Wink
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: