Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Interest in department-specific meetings?  (Read 3570 times)
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« on: June 23, 2009, 03:37:10 PM »

As we discussed the topic yesterday: project meeting at the IRC channel can be a great way to coordinate the development. However it's hard to impossible find a common date for every developer who would like to participate.

Therefore the suggestion was brought up to introduce department-specific meetings. These meetings would be primarily meant for developers of a specific department; developers of other departments and community members are of course encouraged to take part as well but finding a common date for the developers of the specific department should take priority.

The department-specific meetings would be pretty much organized by developers of the specific department although the project management is happy to provide guidance to get started, especially for the first couple of meetings.

Is there any interest in department specific meetings? They could take place in the weeks between project meetings. If there is severe interest in such meetings for a specific department, feel free to create a thread about it here at the meetings board.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 05:17:59 PM by mvBarracuda » Logged
tZee
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 03:44:07 PM »

I'm totally up for that. IRC meeting are more immediate than posting in the forums. People are also quite likely to miss some posts in the forums, especially when there is a lot of activity.

Dave Matney
Community member

29640090 naveofhearts@hotmail.com naveking matneyx
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 05:07:40 PM »

I feel like department specific meetings would benefit us.  Also, task-specific, if certain tasks cross department lines, would be helpful, too. 

The bi-weekly / monthly meetings should mostly be to touch base, say where we are and where we're going, while we obviously could have had tons more conversation about a few issues, and department specific meetings would help the flow of the main meetings.
maximinus
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 05:25:46 PM »

I'm all for it, but I have obvious issues being in the 'awkward' time zone for everybody else  Sad

Science is open-source religion
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: