Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Hey  (Read 4060 times)
tZee
Community member

View Profile Email
Hey
« on: June 12, 2009, 12:41:42 AM »

Hey, I'm tZee, I'm 24 years old. I'm german, but living in Spain.

I graduated about a year ago from university, where I studied applied computer science. Games development was the main reason why I decided to start programming in the first place and I still want to pursue a career in that area - though I'm stuck somewhere else right now. Wink

For now I'd like to take a good look at PARPG and then start little by little, helping out on the programming side. I am experiences in many programming languages, mostly in Java, C/C++/C#. I collaborated with other people over the internet to create a game a few years ago, but we sadly never finished a project.

Why am I interested in PARPG? Well, the main problem why I never got to finish a hobby project before was that we never got past the engine development. This wont be the case here. Wink I also like the relatively loose structure of OpenSource development: You can contribute as much as you want and your time allows. This is also a reason why I want to start slow: I don't know how much time I can afford.
To be honest, I never played FallOut or any other PA RPG. I started with Zelda, moved to the FF series, Grandia and other rather asian RPGs. I don't particularly like the PA scenario, but as the latest Star Trek movie showed: A good story well told can take place in any universe/scenery.

Besides programming I am interested in writing. I don't know much about the 1980s in the nordic regions, so I can't help you out with the content. But the content needs structure and if possible I'd like to add my ideas & critiques there. Though I have to say I am far from being an experiences writer. Smiley But I am here to learn, of course.

Well, I'm quite tired right now and half asleep already, so I'll leave it at this. If you want to know more about me, just post your questions here, or in a PM or in IRC. I'll try to be present there from now on.

Looking forward to collaborating. Smiley

Edit: I almost forgot: What really fascinates me is from where over the world people are contributing to this project. I really like that. Smiley
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 12:51:24 AM by tZee » Logged

maximinus
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 01:59:07 AM »

Hi tZee

100% of the code so far has been in Python, although we may have use of a C++ programmer at some point.

However, Python is user-friendly and easy to learn if you know C++, so download the code so far, get it running and start reading!

Science is open-source religion
tZee
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 09:09:30 AM »

Well, I am one of those people who are convinced that once you know C++ you can learn any programming language pretty quickly. Cheesy I've got some little experience in Python, but I'm a fast learner in this respect. Smiley

I already had a look at the code and got the hola demo running. Now I want to start contributing as soon as possible. Smiley

mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 02:37:25 PM »

Welcome on the forums tZee! Hope you like it around here and enjoy working together with us :-)
tZee
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 09:43:05 PM »

going to be on holidays till the 8th of august. see you around Smiley

tZee
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 09:29:16 AM »

might not show up so much in the next few days, got some things to sort out

tZee
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 02:55:09 PM »

Probably wont be online for a few weeks (except during working hours) starting from next week. I finished on the project here in Switzerland and we don't have internet access at home yet. D'oh! :X

tZee
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 01:42:38 PM »

Taking a break for now. (I emphazise "for now"). Just don't have enough time to contribute, sorry.
This also means I step down from the "programmers leader's board".

Hope to be back soon. Good luck till then.

mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 04:37:45 PM »

Alrighty tZee, thanks for letting us know. Hope to see you in action again at some point when you've got more time on your hands. Good look with your real life endeavors!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: