Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Continuum's Awesome Art Thread: "Some of the stuff...  (Read 23412 times)
Continuum
Community member

View Profile
« on: June 08, 2009, 02:29:32 AM »

...I made for Fallout!"

Hello,

I just spotted all this updates on NMA Shocked

Anyway, I got some of the source files of crappy models I made:

so, if you like them/they're good enough/will fit into some location(s)/whatever I can contribute them to the project. Of course if you're accepting different software than Blender Wink but I see Sirren here, so I'm guessing the answer is "Yes".

Labels can be removed in any time, the same goes for small tweaks of the color maps, snow also shouldn't be a problem Wink

Just tell me what camera angles and what output image type I should use and some human (in-game size) from game should be helpful, so I could scale everything properly and I'll be ready to go.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 09:06:59 PM by Gaspard » Logged
maximinus
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 03:55:44 AM »

Models look nice  Smiley

I'm a programmer so I'm not completely aware of the full details, but you don't to use blender to model the object, we just use blender to render the final image. I don't know how big a problem that is for you though. Artists?

Science is open-source religion
Sirren
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 09:14:53 PM »

Hi mate. Impressive renders, by the way.
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 07:57:00 PM »

The models look great to me :-) What kind of 3d modeling software did you use for their creation Continuum?
Continuum
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 10:20:45 AM »

Thanks guys!

@ maximinus

Yeah, meshes can be exported from any 3d package to another one (as .obj for example). While using FBX plugin you're able to export cameras/animations/etc. (of course some conversion is done to "fit" it into particular software).

@ mvBarracuda

3ds Max.

Anyway, after looking at screenshots I see that there's 45° in X/Y, but I don't know X/Z (or Y/Z) value. Here's a render where shadow is done separately from the object (the same set-up as I used for Fallout, but I changed X/Y from 30° to 45°):

Frames are not cropped (PNG, 800x600x24, alpha channel, anti-aliasing ON, since this is not poor past-gen engine Wink).

------------------------------------------------------------EDIT

And something with snow-ie:

Totally different lights set up than on that water tower thing.

Of course everything I posted above isn't finished work/final/whatever. Rather for the lulz Wink If you want to use it for testing/whatever purposes feel free to do that.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 11:39:23 AM by Continuum » Logged
maximinus
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 05:24:29 PM »

That snow covered pressure container is great! I gotta see that in-game...

Science is open-source religion
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 05:38:32 PM »

Would you mind releasing the original models under GPL so we could actually rerender them with our rendering setup?
Continuum
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2009, 12:18:17 AM »

Just for the record: PM sent. Have a fun with them Wink
Border
Community member

silicium_Vitae@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2009, 02:54:04 AM »

thank impressing and good to see another Max user around.
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2009, 02:50:39 PM »

Just added your models to SVN continuum :-) Thanks a bunch. Concerning licensing: did you use any 3rd party assets for creating the model or the textures? That's quite important as we plan to release all our assets (donated ones like yours as well) under GPL 3.0 & CC 3.0 BY-SA.
shevegen
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2009, 02:54:57 PM »

wheeeee that snow covered tank or whatever the building was is damn cool

Cleaning away the bureaucracy in PARPG to make our life easier.
Continuum
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2009, 04:24:48 PM »

Concerning licensing: did you use any 3rd party assets for creating the model or the textures? That's quite important as we plan to release all our assets (donated ones like yours as well) under GPL 3.0 & CC 3.0 BY-SA.
Only for textures. For that Water Tower I used stuff from www.cgtextures.com . As for the Oil Tank or Watch Tower - sorry, I don't remember (I made a Watch Tower in March 2008 and Oil Tank in July 2008). I created more than 1200 FRMs for Fallout (tiles, walls, scenery, unique critters). It's not possible to remember everything Wink and most of source files is gone.

Snow isn't included in any scene I sent (that render was done for the lulz Wink). Also, some color maps may be missing (only in case of that Oil Tank, the rest is fully bitmap based, I think), since from time to time I'm using procedural textures and I was damn lazy to use render to texture thing Wink But this shouldn't be a problem at all.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 04:26:39 PM by Continuum » Logged
Border
Community member

silicium_Vitae@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2009, 05:21:18 PM »

Procedural? did you used some Simbiont shader ? i used them for the Circus Tycoon game and its dope! but yeah.. the render to texture ... yuk!
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2009, 05:32:45 PM »

Hmm according to qubodup cgtextures doesn't allow redistribution of the textures if I got him right:
http://forums.parpg.net/index.php?topic=108.msg1409#msg1409

In this case we might need to retexture Continuum's model in case we want to use them for PARPG.
Continuum
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2009, 06:09:03 PM »

Procedural? did you used some Simbiont shader ?
No, just standard stuff in Max.

Hmm according to qubodup cgtextures doesn't allow redistribution of the textures if I got him right:
http://forums.parpg.net/index.php?topic=108.msg1409#msg1409

If I got it right (what is written at their website - license) you can use them, since files were modified by me, because I needed to customize them for 3d model and they're a part of it, and you're not:

Sell or distribute any of these textures in an unmodified form, or where the derived product you are selling or distributing is a Texture or a collection of Textures. IN OTHER WORDS: Do not sell or distribute any of these textures (modified or not) by itself or in a texture or scrapbooking pack!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to: