Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Poll
Question: Which day of the week would you have time for an IRC meeting?
Monday - 1 (5.6%)
Tuesday - 1 (5.6%)
Wednesday - 1 (5.6%)
Thursday - 0 (0%)
Friday - 4 (22.2%)
Saturday - 5 (27.8%)
Sunday - 6 (33.3%)
Total Voters: 8

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Bi-weekly IRC meetings  (Read 17826 times)
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2009, 12:44:36 PM »

That's the current status:
http://doodle.com/d2bgx5evyxkw4aw6

We got a bunch of possible dates that five developers could attend. How do we agree upon the final date? I personally think that we should look for a date that at least one developer of each department could attend. Does that look fair to you?

As no writer has signed up yet, we would be looking for at least one programmer, graphics artist, musician, game designer and project manager. It's a bit unfair in this sense that we only got one game designer and project manager on the team and that just one graphics artist signed up in the poll so with following this approach we would prefer a date that would rather exclude a musician and a programmer.

The only date that would match these criteria would be Wednesday: 9PM - 11PM GMT. How do you feel about the other dates? I think it would be useful if I would be around to moderate the meeting as that's what I've done for FIFE in the past. But if somebody likes to take over this task, I would be perfectly fine with a meeting I can't attend.

Furthermore: we could consider having two kind of meetings. The first one would be meeting that at least one developer per development department could attend in theory to coordinate the efforts of all departments. The second type would be a department-specific meeting, so just the programmers, graphics artists and musicians would meet. How do you feel about that proposal? It would be certainly easier to find a common date for a department-specific meeting as you would "just" need to agree upon a common date for 2-4 developers. In case you think it's not over the top, we could have weekly meetings: starting with a project meeting for all departments one week and department-specific meetings for the week after that. Discuss :-)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 01:27:42 PM by mvBarracuda » Logged
maximinus
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2009, 01:25:38 PM »

Unfortunately there's no chance I could do 9PM 'cos that's 4AM here! But I'd love to be there.

Science is open-source religion
zenbitz
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2009, 04:49:50 PM »

it really seems like the only way to do this is to have 2 meetings.  Stupid timezones!

It also looks like Gaspard is the one preventing us from Mondays 5-7 GMT.   Realistically, I need to meet with maximinimus sometimes, and I would like to have barra there.    I could meet with "assets" people (graphics/audio) people separately, or get a report from barra/max.

We are not denying them an ending...
We are denying them a DISNEY ending - Icelus
Gaspard
Community member

The Blackest Heart

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2009, 05:38:49 PM »

I'm going to be extra busy with personal life for a couple of weeks now, so you can count me out for now  Wink
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2009, 01:35:37 PM »

Sorry to hear that Gaspard :-/ We didn't want to exclude anyone from the meeting but with so many developers from so many different timezones it gets hard to find a common date that at least the most developers can attend.

That said: we should try to introduce department-specific meetings in the long run so that each department meets at least twice a month to coordinate the efforts. Might not be needed for all departments considering that the programmers and musicians attend the IRC channel quite often and exchange their proposals there.
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2009, 01:33:06 PM »

We got a specific article about the meeting at the wiki now:
http://wiki.parpg.net/Meeting:2009/07/22

Feel free to add topics that you would like to discuss at the meeting there.
zenbitz
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2009, 08:52:38 PM »

For the record, I will have to leave after 1.5 hrs... I have a work meeting at 6:30 GMT.

We are not denying them an ending...
We are denying them a DISNEY ending - Icelus
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2009, 10:55:03 PM »

Everyone is encouraged to add to topics to the meeting agenda: http://wiki.parpg.net/Meeting:2009/07/22#List_of_topics

The general idea is to have a speaker for every topic who introduces it and acts as moderator for this specific topic. There is no speakers list but please try to let the speaker finish his short "presentation" before asking detailed questions.
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2009, 12:02:32 AM »

Imons just pointed out the wrong meeting title in the wiki. It makes sense to use Meeting:2009/06/22 not and 07/22 as the meeting takes place in June :-)

http://wiki.parpg.net/Meeting:2009/06/22

Important note: please activate channel logging in your IRC client if it's supported by it. The channel logs will be down tomorrow and even for a couple of days. Details only via PM as this is sensitive information.
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2009, 03:21:13 PM »

Proposed workflow for the today's meeting is online:
http://wiki.parpg.net/Meetings#Meeting_workflow

Please get in contact with me before the meeting in case you would like to change any of these points for whatever reason there may be.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: