Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Finished and WIPs - Zimble's 3D stuff  (Read 30688 times)
Sirren
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2009, 12:44:45 PM »

Hello Zimble. Recently i was browsing CGTalk forums and found a similar question. They were mostly talking about static and not animated mechanical/hard surface models. The answer was "whatever gives you the best look/results and is fast and easy enough for you". This is also the answer I read each time the "which way is the best for modelling/texturing/animating.." question is made. No right and/or proper way, really.
Many pieces are usually modelled as separate parts becouse this gives more details and it's more easily done. Generally speacking they don't even worry too much about quads.
I'd say you could model as separate objects the parts you think you could reuse, and group the rest. It's up to your personal liking anyway.
Zimble
Community member

GMT+1

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2009, 04:32:37 PM »

Ah, thanks Sirren.

I'd say you could model as separate objects the parts you think you could reuse, and group the rest. It's up to your personal liking anyway.
I think I'll go this way then.

Dave Matney
Community member

29640090 naveofhearts@hotmail.com naveking matneyx
View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2009, 05:05:26 PM »

Is it possible to animate the windmill?
Zimble
Community member

GMT+1

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2009, 09:13:10 AM »

IIRC maximinus said that's no problem.
I'll upload some animation frames once I'm at home.

Dave Matney
Community member

29640090 naveofhearts@hotmail.com naveking matneyx
View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2009, 04:13:02 PM »

IIRC maximinus said that's no problem.
I'll upload some animation frames once I'm at home.

Awesome.  I'll get some windmill sounds recorded.
Zimble
Community member

GMT+1

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2009, 07:34:24 AM »

Uhoh, totally forgot about the animation. Some thing called mass effect got in my way Wink Great game.
Will upload them once I'm home again (not before monday)

mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2009, 08:37:48 PM »

Sounds good to me Zimble. Could you also take a look at the current ingame version of your windmill? It seems like it's surrounded by a little white outline; that makes it look odd :-/

I guess this could be easily addressed by some kind of Blender switch but I've no idea which one causes it. Any ideas you clever 3d artists on the team?
Zimble
Community member

GMT+1

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2009, 06:41:27 PM »

I don't know where this white outline is coming from. The windmill in this post doesn't have one.

I've uploaded some animation frames: http://www.industrialsnow.de/assets/images/windanim.rar
These are rendered with shadows turned on but I guess you need them with seperate shadows?
I'll make some new ones and add a little bit movement around the z-axis. But today I'm too tired.

mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2009, 07:34:01 PM »

Looks good to me zimble :-) I think it's actually better if the shadow is part of the object. Would be nice to hear the opinion of the other graphics artists though.
Zimble
Community member

GMT+1

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2009, 12:30:40 PM »

Some eyecandy:

My plan is to finish this concrete tileset so we can make some building interieurs. This could attract some more contributors if we can show at least one room, that looks like a room (no offense, maximinus Wink )

After that I'll try my hands again on the snow textures.
I thought of something this way

Gaspard
Community member

The Blackest Heart

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2009, 12:50:38 PM »

Ooh ooh but now we're going to need a bunker entrance or a trapdoor in the snow for this awesome concrete interiour !   Cheesy
tZee
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2009, 01:08:20 PM »

I like it a lot, very good! Smiley But it is very pristine, we will also need DESTRUCTION, no? Cheesy I mean broken/damages walls etc. Or at least a more run-down look after years of lacking maintenance. Smiley

mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2009, 01:36:27 PM »

Looking great to me Zimble! Keep them coming :-)
maximinus
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2009, 02:50:52 PM »

This could attract some more contributors if we can show at least one room, that looks like a room (no offense, maximinus Wink )

This is why I program and you draw  Wink

Science is open-source religion
meinmartini
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2009, 03:14:08 PM »

I like it a lot, very good! Smiley But it is very pristine, we will also need DESTRUCTION, no? Cheesy I mean broken/damages walls etc. Or at least a more run-down look after years of lacking maintenance. Smiley
One thing at a time. Tongue

Let's fight some ballerinas.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to: