Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: WIPs - Shrew81's Weapons  (Read 13287 times)
Dave Matney
Community member

29640090 naveofhearts@hotmail.com naveking matneyx
View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2009, 04:09:40 PM »

I like them both, but something strikes me as weird with the handle of the sawed off, like the angle doesn't look right, or it's too flat, or something.  Are the dimensions the same on the handle of the sawed off as they are on that part of the one with a stock?  My understanding is that sawed off indicates that a) the barrel has been shortened to allow for a wider spread of the buckshot b) the stock has been sawed and sanded into a handle, usually by going straight through the back of the stock.
qubodup
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2009, 11:13:28 AM »

well the textures are mostly standard Mayang textures, (standard wood, rust, scratches) and the rest is hand painted, I will change the wood, I figure a bit less shiny and a bit more worn. And sirren; how big will the inventory screens be? Both of these are under 500 tris atm but only as practice at good use of polygons... if the screen size of our weapon inventory slot is around 500x200 then these shouldn't be a problem, I also thought that when someone animates these for in-game they should be relatively low-poly, just to keep up efficiency. yeah?
The problem with http://mayang.com/textures/ is that one cannot resell them or derivates, but we need to have that right as we use GPL/CCBYSA...

Would it be possible to replace the textures you have used so far by textures from for example http://trak.mercenariesguild.net/node/3 ? (in case of pak4 please use the MIT/x11-licensed version)
shrew81
Community member

Do it

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2009, 03:39:06 PM »

"You can use the textures in your school projects, to make CD sleeves, posters, in movies, in videogames etc - anything where you have added your own artistic effort.

You cannot use the textures for anything that directly competes with us.  This includes, putting the textures on your own website, selling them, or giving them away.  This restriction includes the textures themselves, as well as any minor modifications, for example, you may not make our texture seamless or tileable and then sell them."

yeah, I'll stick with mayang.

I hate signatures.
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2009, 04:56:42 PM »

The problem qubodup outlined is that the mayang textures don't seem to be compatible with our agreed upon license (CC 3.0 BY-SA). The whole license discussion can be checked out at one of the threads at the forums:
http://forums.parpg.net/index.php?topic=39.0

Using basically non-commercial assets creates a bunch of problems for us as Linux distros usually don't bundle games with any physical mediums that contains NC assets.
shrew81
Community member

Do it

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2009, 08:04:50 PM »

but it can be used for commercial or non-commercial

"They are free to use for all uses, whether commercial or non-commercial (you may incorporate them into your derived work with no requirement to pay us any licensing fee etc). Your derived work must involve significant modification to the textures. It would be nice if you could credit us."

still dont see the problem

I hate signatures.
qubodup
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2009, 03:08:05 PM »

You cannot use the textures for anything that directly competes with us.
parpg is not a competitor of mayang, but all parpg media is ccbysa3/gpl3-licensed.

The ccbysa3/gpl3 licenses only allow a set of restrictions and "not allowing reselling something as textures" or "not allowing competing with a certain company" is not a permitted restriction.

So it's not about what we do with the textures, but what we allow to do with the textures (edit: or the resulting tiles for that matter).
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 03:09:40 PM by qubodup » Logged
maximinus
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2009, 06:13:10 PM »

We're pretty liberal, and I like it that way  Tongue

Science is open-source religion
shrew81
Community member

Do it

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2009, 07:26:33 AM »

OKOK, I wont use any more textures (from the internet period) I'll revisit the older models on rainy day, (school is killing me!) but for now, more models! Here is a shotgun shell for the shot gun... Tongue
still dont know how I will set these up, like a pile of them or in a box/sling/bag?
dunno, I'm just proud of my first fully normal mapped-model Grin

* shell_pres.jpg (65.41 KB, 622x674 - viewed 469 times.)

I hate signatures.
shevegen
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2009, 11:50:45 PM »

How do you create these things?

Just curious, I didnt do much modelling related

Cleaning away the bureaucracy in PARPG to make our life easier.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: