Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: WIPs - Shrew81's Weapons  (Read 10942 times)
shrew81
Community member

Do it

View Profile Email
« on: May 21, 2009, 05:29:28 PM »

ok, Im tired of environmental work... with the rendering hurdles we have right now and without a consensus on how we are going to implement buildings, I decided to lay off the buildings and start on some weapons.

First off, I am assuming we are going to follow fallout with the weapon displays, and we will have a single weapon to show in-game but have multiple of that same type in a dysplay on the gui... right?

anyways, I attached a sword, (for a raider no doubt) and a few sledge hammers. the hammer with the spikes was a quick add on just to see how zeli's concept would work on a larger hammer (may keep them may not, what do you think?

* hammer.jpg (58.31 KB, 523x599 - viewed 519 times.)

* sword.jpg (30.71 KB, 125x614 - viewed 504 times.)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 09:44:23 PM by Gaspard » Logged

I hate signatures.
zeli
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 10:50:15 PM »

aaah a spiked hammer Smiley ...brilliant Grin

Well I think the hammers look good.
The machete/sword could use a bit more detail, but I geuss ingame that wont really be much of a problem.

Keep up the good work!
maximinus
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 02:39:29 PM »

ok, Im tired of environmental work... with the rendering hurdles we have right now and without a consensus on how we are going to implement buildings, I decided to lay off the buildings and start on some weapons.

Now you're making me feel guilty  Tongue

My main coding machine decided to die a horrible death this week so code has been a little on the slow side, I know I promised to get cracking on the building front but I've had to backup 500GB of music, build a new computer AND get a new haircut this week  Shocked. Normal service should be resumed soon  Embarrassed

Science is open-source religion
Dave Matney
Community member

29640090 naveofhearts@hotmail.com naveking matneyx
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 04:05:34 PM »

Now you're making me feel guilty  Tongue

My main coding machine decided to die a horrible death this week so code has been a little on the slow side, I know I promised to get cracking on the building front but I've had to backup 500GB of music, build a new computer AND get a new haircut this week  Shocked. Normal service should be resumed soon  Embarrassed

Getting a haircut was just unacceptable. :p

Good luck getting the new machine all set up.
shrew81
Community member

Do it

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 06:43:01 AM »

didnt mean to give you a guilt trip maximinus, I just feel like I have no where to go until the mechanics are all settled out. I am also just tired of rendering solutions, I rendered that last building 30+ times messing with textures, what you can see, what should cast shadows, what should receive shadows, ect. I'll just make a few off hand items for now, here is the hammer and sword ready for the inventory slots, any C&C welcome.

* sword_render_2.jpg (28.1 KB, 1024x122 - viewed 510 times.)

* sledgerender_2.jpg (37.35 KB, 788x367 - viewed 511 times.)

I hate signatures.
Zimble
Community member

GMT+1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 09:10:47 AM »

Looking good.
Why don't you use the same perspective for the sword?

shrew81
Community member

Do it

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 05:56:15 PM »

well, the sword is so short that when looked at from perspective, it just looks like a knife Undecided
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 01:58:06 AM by shrew81 » Logged

I hate signatures.
shrew81
Community member

Do it

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 02:08:31 AM »

ok, well here is the sledge hammer all decked out, sorry these are taking so long, I get an hour to work on them every few days...  I figure we will have a ui similar to fallouts? I made a mock up just in case... anyone make a ui yet? Ive looked but cant seem to find any... if anybody needs it here is the hammer and mock up Grin

* prev.jpg (98.26 KB, 640x480 - viewed 494 times.)

I hate signatures.
shrew81
Community member

Do it

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 02:09:27 AM »

oh, and the hammer:

* Sledge_1_final.png (111.54 KB, 862x427 - viewed 502 times.)

I hate signatures.
qubodup
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2009, 11:20:59 AM »

It fits in great! Smiley

however: top and bottom padding (or is it margin? O_o Arrgh CSS) should be equal and a little more. I would also find it better if the perspective would be more from the front, so we see more of the 3d-ishness of the hammer (currently it's nearly completely side view). Nothing to worry though Smiley perspective can always be corrected relatively easily..

Is anti-aliasing on inthe render? if yes, it seems weak..
shrew81
Community member

Do it

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2009, 04:50:47 AM »

qubodup: I dunno what we will be doing for weapon displays and whatnot, so I am just making these on the fly, I have no idea what I need to do render-wise yet... (still waiting Tongue)

here is a shotgun that should fit in, I placed it at different angles just to get an idea of how we should arrange our inventory, tell me what you think!

* sawed_pres.jpg (122.55 KB, 1024x1024 - viewed 491 times.)

I hate signatures.
shrew81
Community member

Do it

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2009, 04:52:16 AM »

and one with a stock Grin

* trench_pres.jpg (127.57 KB, 1024x1024 - viewed 520 times.)

I hate signatures.
qubodup
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2009, 11:45:00 AM »

They look nice!
Of the first image I like the bottom right render. All others are somehow too shiny (I especially don't like shiny wood renders, bleh :p )

What textures are you using I wonder? (Where from?)
Sirren
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2009, 12:29:50 PM »

Yep, these rifles look good. If it's for inventory screens then you could make them more hig poly.
shrew81
Community member

Do it

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2009, 03:12:31 PM »

well the textures are mostly standard Mayang textures, (standard wood, rust, scratches) and the rest is hand painted, I will change the wood, I figure a bit less shiny and a bit more worn. And sirren; how big will the inventory screens be? Both of these are under 500 tris atm but only as practice at good use of polygons... if the screen size of our weapon inventory slot is around 500x200 then these shouldn't be a problem, I also thought that when someone animates these for in-game they should be relatively low-poly, just to keep up efficiency. yeah?

I hate signatures.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: