Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Workflow proposal  (Read 4886 times)
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« on: February 10, 2009, 06:33:04 PM »

I've been brainstorming with Ben (zenbitz) yesterday about a possible general workflow for the team. Such a workflow would illustrate how mere ideas get transformed into concepts that get implemented into the game. Furthermore there is the question how to reach agreements on the team. I've compiled ben's and my notes into a wiki article. Feedback is more than appreciated:
http://wiki.parpg.net/Workflow

Note: this is a general workflow that is meant as a guideline for all departments. I'm absolutely sure that each department will establish a specific workflow that works well for them later as tasks in the different departments might vary.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 03:33:48 PM by mvBarracuda » Logged
Lamoot
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 01:12:45 PM »

So far I can't find any problems with this approach.

P.S.: Do team-members whose name begins with an "L" and ends with "T" have a veto option?  Wink
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 04:19:28 PM »

I'm personally hoping that there is no need for introducing concepts as veto rights as this shifts the focus from cooperation to simply decision by vote, which does not help to establish a constructive discussion culture.
Lamoot
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 05:25:57 PM »

Yes, of course. I was only joking about the veto.
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 08:30:54 AM »

Qubodup updated the diagramme recently, looks better now :-)

mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 10:20:42 PM »

The workflow has been slightly revised. The whole concept paper step confused a lot of developers so we simply removed it. Should be simpler to grok now and is hopefully actually useful:
http://wiki.parpg.net/Workflow

Thanks again to qubodup who adjusted the workflow diagramme to reflect the latest changes.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: