Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: CALL FOR PROPOSAL: Action Points  (Read 12303 times)
zenbitz
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2011, 10:50:48 PM »

Not to get off track here - he suggest that you don't have to use a torch in your hand to get lighting.  Further discussion on this will be forked to another thread.

As for action points. No sir, I don't like them.   And that is why I don't want them in the game. 

We are not denying them an ending...
We are denying them a DISNEY ending - Icelus
Q_x
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2011, 11:11:52 PM »

Totally unrelated. Not much good comes out of it. Plus it was not me. Plus, we have logs, so bad memory is pretty weak excuse Tongue

laclongquan
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2011, 10:34:56 AM »

Ja2 combat system is not an invention of Ja2 game developers. They just crystalized a popular system existed before. After Ja2 any number of games has used that system. IT's not a question of clone.

rowanthepreacher
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2011, 12:47:59 PM »

In-keeping with the gritty, realistic feel of the game, I think combat should be restricted to one action per turn, with your stats and skills affecting how well you perform your given action.
A very fast character might run quite far, effectively covering the same ground as a slower person would in two turns, but it's still just sprinting. If you want to shoot, you shoot and nothing else. Hiding while firing a gun is pretty difficult, you know.

Testiculos habet et bene pendentes.
zenbitz
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2011, 11:33:57 PM »

That's pretty close to what I have.   Some actions take more than 1 turn (so you better not be standing there like a dumbass loading your gun while in range of a beligerent)

We are not denying them an ending...
We are denying them a DISNEY ending - Icelus
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: