Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Portfolio thread for interested artists  (Read 12961 times)
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« on: April 08, 2009, 04:45:31 PM »

Interested artists can post links to their portfolio in here!

INSTRUCTIONS: All interested artists !
A) Post in this thread a link to your portfolio and a couple of images as samples of your work (for the lazy ones, who do not feel like clicking through alien websites)
B) OR start a new Topic at the Graphics forum titled as follows:
  Portfolio - *your name here*

I'll start with one 3d modeler who recently sent me a mail. Let's hope he gets involved, looks quite good to me :-)

Scott's portfolio:
http://bewilderbug.com/
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 10:32:46 PM by Gaspard » Logged
maximinus
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 05:23:40 PM »

looks great to me, +1 to hoping he gets involved!

Science is open-source religion
maximinus
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 05:25:02 PM »

(it's all on level, so he'll understand the current status of PARPG as well  Wink)

shrew81
Community member

Do it

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 03:40:53 PM »

Hello, my name is Eli and I am officially working on the game now. Grin
thought id put up my porfolio anyways

http://sites.google.com/site/cg3deli/

cheers!

I hate signatures.
maximinus
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 05:11:20 PM »

Your artwork looks great, as I said before. Glad that you are part of the team!

bhayden
Community member

hayden767@gmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 09:36:06 AM »

All you kids with your artistic talents... I'm jealous! Wink Seriously, though, I like what I see!
dazdaryl
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 04:21:37 AM »

hi i've got a sketchbook over at conceptart.org http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=140573&highlight=dazdaryl
maximinus
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 04:34:11 AM »

That fish is great! Good work.

mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 08:05:54 AM »

Looks good to me :-) I really liked the guy who said: "GUNS"; made me smile.
d3rail3d
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2009, 08:37:52 PM »

I only just registered today, so, I'm not a part of the team yet. But I'd love to lend what ever talents I have that may be useful to the project. here is my online gallery.

www.darolle.com

I also do 3D but i only know 3D Max and a little Z Brush. If Blender can import .obj files I can help with props and environment assets later in the development cycle. Honestly though, 2d is where my heart is...

And can any of the devs point me to a current time line for the game? I understand people are still being gathered, but I just wanted to get a general idea of the out look and organization progression.

Like I said in my introduction thread post, I really just want to work on a project to build on my portfolio and experience (and for the fun of the process).

Cheers
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2009, 08:46:08 PM »

What kind of timeline are you looking for? Something like a story / setting timeline (what happened when, when did game history branch off of real history?
d3rail3d
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2009, 09:30:59 PM »

I posted that before I did any real digging, but I meant your outlook for when you were shooting on seeing the game development reach certain milestones. I can see you guys are still working out the story, so I'm guessing you'll want to work on that once you have a better idea of the scope of the project.

But, now that you mention it, a time line of the back story setting in one place would be nice. Anything more or less concrete so far. I just don't think I have time to cobble through all the ideas from the different threads going back to the start of the project. Heh. I think you mentioned elsewhere there were two main directions the game may wind up going. Anyone summarized the two of them yet?
d3rail3d
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2009, 09:33:46 PM »

I'm looking through the writing section of the wiki now...
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2009, 09:42:39 PM »

I posted that before I did any real digging, but I meant your outlook for when you were shooting on seeing the game development reach certain milestones. I can see you guys are still working out the story, so I'm guessing you'll want to work on that once you have a better idea of the scope of the project.
We have no hard deadlines in this sense but there are milestones defined. The main problem is that we got a bunch of different roadmaps right now. There has been a general one written by me:
http://wiki.parpg.net/Roadmap

There is a more detailed list of tasks for milestone 1 here:
http://wiki.parpg.net/Milestone_1

However these roadmaps need updating. We would especially need feedback from each department what they think are realistic goals for milestone 1. So far the programming department came up with a more detailed and updated roadmap, but I'm hoping that the other departments will get inspired and come up with a similar plan:
http://wiki.parpg.net/Programming_Roadmap

We should discuss the different roadmaps at some point. Right now the situation is a bit confusing, especially to new developers who just joined the project, sorry for that.
qubodup
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2009, 01:16:24 AM »

tidbit (who is not interested in joining teams, but likes to help out now and again) is in the process of modelling some props after I suggested that he could do some work for PARPG.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: