Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Equipment and Stuff  (Read 15038 times)
zenbitz
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2009, 11:57:25 PM »

After having looted probably thousands of corpses in various RPGs the thrill has waned.  It's just a chore.

I'd suggest if you've won a combat that an inventory panel comes up with all the stuff you might loot from the bodies of your fallen foes.  You can grab whatever you want without having to click on each one and try to remember who you have already looted.

I utterly approve of this!    Remains to be seen how to deal with "independently minded" NPCs this way, but no matter what it's going to be better than "race Butch to the bodies, first come first serve".

You can also mark the stuff you didn't pick up with a virtual "cache" or "stake" marker, and sell directions to it to NPCs.  Probably we should also have a "use skill" interface to let you skin/butcher an animal, etc.  This should be nearly automatic, but there might be a circumstance where you don't have time.

We are not denying them an ending...
We are denying them a DISNEY ending - Icelus
DK
Community member

Personal Pencil Sharpener To Ye Gods

View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2009, 02:31:41 AM »

reminds me of silent storm / hammer and sickle. When ever a place was secure you pressed a Loot button and it just told you what was scavengable.

If you haven't played do so.. am sure you can find fairly cheap copies and there are some very nice touches to the game.

They are like JA2 lite
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to: