Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Developer signing in!!  (Read 2655 times)
Fierc3
Community member

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2009, 06:10:58 PM »

Hey everyone!

About me
I'm a 24 year old from Canada. I graduated from a 4 year Honors Bachelor of Computing degree at the University of Guelph where I learned C/C++, Java, Assembler, SQL, OpenGL, and programming concepts like AI, Simulation testing, Networking, Distributed Computing, Human Computer Interaction (UI Design), Database design and Object Oriented coding, to name a few. I don't have much experience with Python but i intend to learn fast, i hear it is a fairly easy language to pick up...

Like most other people here, Fallout and the Fallout series has been a great love of mine for many years. While i love RPGs in general (including Baldurs Gate, Neverwinter Nights, etc) i was also fascinated with the setting and story of the Fallout games. I like reading webcomics based on this scenario, and when i saw PARPG i was instantly interested.

Reason for joining the project
-I want to get some more experience coding and keeping my skills sharp. I still have a lot to learn and i love learning new things.
-Get some experience working with open source. This is my first time doing open source, and it looks like a lot of fun!
-Get more experience working on video games with a team. I've done a few little individual games like a Java dungeon crawler, tick-tac-toe with working/perfect AI, and a 3D version of Tetris with OpenGL. On a team i've helped develop a network-playble version of Trouble with Java, but i want to expand on that. =]
-Have fun! I love coding and i love games and i love the fallout-universe...so how can i not help PARPG?!?! =D

What I can do to help PARPG
-Code in C/C++ and Python
         -create engine extensions, game code, and tools, etc
-Some Graphics work if needed.
-Native-english speaker, so i could proof read if needed
-bring some fun! i think i'm a pretty fun guy, easy to get along with, hopefully you agree! =D

What I can NOT do
-I don't have the experience of some of the people already here, so i will make mistakes and i hope to improve on them, but i won't be perfect
-i did a minor in philosophy at school but i don't really consider myself a writer, that isn't where my interests lie either

Anyways, i hope that gives you an idea about me, i am looking forward to getting to know everyone better as we work on this project!!! =D
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 09:09:07 PM »

Wow, that's quite a detailed introduction :-) Welcome on board fierc3!

Sounds like a candidate for direct copy and paste to the wiki for the personal developer profile. See:
http://wiki.parpg.net/Contribution#Create_a_wiki_profile

Examples for the wiki profiles of other devs:
http://wiki.parpg.net/Category:Team
maximinus
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 12:29:12 AM »

Python is a great language. Just don't get hung up on the whitespace thing when you get started (you'll get used to it fast, I assure you)

Science is open-source religion
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: