Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2584 times)
sgrevan
Community member

View Profile Email
« on: March 17, 2009, 12:21:17 AM »

Hi everyone.

My name is (Mad) Max.

I'm working on my own post-apocalyptic project (draft state), which is very similar to parpg. In spite of it is still hidden in shadows on my hard disk drive, I think I may help on some design questions.

Previously, I've worked on a mod for unreal tournament 2004. Albeit the project didn't work as expected, it gave me design, team management and story writing experience.

Good night (or good day).
Lamoot
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 08:49:18 AM »

Good morning even Smiley and Welcome!

Ah I had a similar experience with 2 C&C Generals projects, they didn't work out in the end. Learned lots of new things though Wink
NineOfHearts
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 05:50:18 PM »

I used the Unreal engine about two years ago for a level design course. Pretty neat stuff.
sgrevan
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 06:07:52 PM »

The mentionned failed project was a FPS/RPG which was supposed to be built with Ogre3D. Then we moved to UT2004 for practical reasons (better toolchain) but the project was still stagnating due to a great lack of organization, motivation, and skills.

I left the team before the end, and I think they're still trying to do it.

Although it was really a great experience Smiley A "fall to get up again better", I guess...
NineOfHearts
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 09:35:01 PM »

The mentionned failed project was a FPS/RPG which was supposed to be built with Ogre3D. Then we moved to UT2004 for practical reasons (better toolchain) but the project was still stagnating due to a great lack of organization, motivation, and skills.

I left the team before the end, and I think they're still trying to do it.

Although it was really a great experience Smiley A "fall to get up again better", I guess...

Hopefully! Well, it looks like you won't have to leave this project due to the reasons listed above--I feel pretty confident this project is going to work out well.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: