Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: a quicker track, maybe for combat...  (Read 6409 times)
timong
Community member

Hmm, where will this appear?

View Profile
« on: February 15, 2011, 12:38:48 AM »

well, we have some rounds on irc about this track, so here it goes. Have a listen, give your opinion, kthx Cheesy

http://www.box.net/shared/47x0trn5r7

i know its low standard, tempo and all, like punk music...no idea if youll like it...some on irc liked it, thats positive, still no idea if it wont make ppl mad... Wink

but if you like to a certain degree i will try to make it better, with some more digestable melodies and harmonies too as now its quite displeasent intentionally
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 12:48:32 AM by timong » Logged

Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
qubodup
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 07:14:11 AM »

This sounds like a good start for an fps or linwarrior3d track!

I absolutely hate the instrument (and its melody) that starts at 0:31 Smiley
timong
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 07:54:32 AM »

U shouldn't hate an ibanez, q, but yes, hate the melody lol.
Right, I wonder how much can such a distinct percussion can fit into parpg combat, but maybe its not too much? Do we have a combat track already that everybody agrees? I think being rockish might be out of boundaries...

Well more opinions pls..Smiley

Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
Q_x
Admin
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 09:03:17 AM »

Timong, when I heard the first, shorter version, I told you, that this are two tracks to me. Now you have added third to it. And I liked it a lot and I thought you will go more towards structuring it (composition-wise), and you did exact opposite thing - make things even more loose...

timong
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 09:32:32 AM »

Timong, when I heard the first, shorter version, I told you, that this are two tracks to me. Now you have added third to it. And I liked it a lot and I thought you will go more towards structuring it (composition-wise), and you did exact opposite thing - make things even more loose...

well, what makes it three tracks? I agree that a more solid transition is needed to justify the rhythm change in the first to second part. But the high pitched guitar coming in later does not change the rhythm or tempo, it's just adds to it.

Regards becoming more lose, I can agree, but this is still very much draftish, spent about 2 hours on it which is quite little time...so it needs about 4-5 hours more to reach a usable state...
I was just trying to show what instruments and how I will use in this track and ask if it fits or not into parpg. If all of you dispise the high pitched guitar's style (its quite freaky) I can smooth it...if most of you like its ugliness (after all its tensing, tensing for combat, at least trying), i will leave it as it is and add some more parts.

If most of you hate it, or think it doesnt fit, it's okay, i will add some more freaking lame ibanez mindslashing to it and shut it in a corner Wink

aspidites
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 05:49:38 PM »

I liked the general idea of 0:00 - 0:31 and thought it just needed a bit of polish. The sound of the instrument from 0:31 - end I absolutely hate.

Its hard to say if it will fit into PARPG combat because we don't quite know the nature of the combat -- I'd say zenbitz would be in a better position to answer that.

I'd say continue with whatever energy you had with the first draft.
mvBarracuda
Admin
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 07:09:37 PM »

I'm with qubodup & aspidites on that one: this is an action-packed theme that doesn't suit an RPG (even a post-apoc one) well IMHO.

My personal favourite when it comes to combat music in RPGs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmJvyrI6iho
timong
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 10:17:44 PM »

well, ok, discussing on irc, probably it could be added as a site specific track, like a post-punk bar music, while player walks in that place, if therell be any such.

updated with todays progress: http://www.box.net/shared/47x0trn5r7 enjoy Cheesy

timong
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 10:25:43 PM »

I'm with qubodup & aspidites on that one: this is an action-packed theme that doesn't suit an RPG (even a post-apoc one) well IMHO.

My personal favourite when it comes to combat music in RPGs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmJvyrI6iho

well, yep, thats the original vein, so certainly you cant miss with that i'd say. unfortunately this time i was specifically wanting to use guitars and drumz. Smiley

zenbitz
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2011, 08:14:01 PM »

Don't really like it... which is interesting because I like the Punk Rock.  But it seems very modern (2010s to me)

We are not denying them an ending...
We are denying them a DISNEY ending - Icelus
freegamer
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2011, 01:53:13 PM »

Too chaotic / anarchic.  I know this is a post apocalyptic game in an anarchical policital climate, but the music needs to portray desparation, harshness - the mood of the people - not be pure chaos itself.
timong
Community member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2011, 08:01:10 PM »

Too chaotic / anarchic.  I know this is a post apocalyptic game in an anarchical policital climate, but the music needs to portray desparation, harshness - the mood of the people - not be pure chaos itself.
well,  we kindof agreed with the guys on irc that this could be used for a specific location,  like a punk bar prolly.  Otherwise yep,  its to much for an ambientish combat track,  and its kinda too excentric,  too unpopular.

matthewpablo
Community member

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2011, 10:10:59 PM »

well, ok, discussing on irc, probably it could be added as a site specific track, like a post-punk bar music, while player walks in that place, if therell be any such.

updated with todays progress: http://www.box.net/shared/47x0trn5r7 enjoy Cheesy

Hey! I haven't heard from anyone in a while... I can make a track that is extremely close to this with some guitar and drums. I promise it can be professional quality since I do all my recording in a pro studio

http://www.matthewpablo.com/film-game-soundtrack

Like I said before, I can "water-down" some of that intense battle music that everyone thought was a little over dramatic.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: